Feel like going to Charlotte, North Carolina? In, say, 3 weeks? I've got just the thing.
SIOP's Fall Consortium is titled "Talent attraction, development, and retention" and has some very interesting speakers and topics lined up, including:
- Innovative practices among some of the "best companies to work for", including presentations by folks from Genentech, Nike, Microsoft, and Starbucks
- Strategic talent management, including presentations from PepsiCo and Johnson & Johnson
- Emerging practices from Bank of America and leading research institutions
- A keynote from the VP and Chief Learning Officer of Home Depot
- Two presentations on recruitment and assessment over the Internet
Looks pretty great! If you go, I'd be happy to post your observations.