The survey of 656 IPMA-HR members was conducted from 1/10-1/17/07.
- 75% of respondents plan on hiring this year, up from 68% in 2006
- Employers are planning on hiring in larger numbers
- As with previous years, most new positions will be in public safety
- Need will also be strong in public works and finance & management
- Only 12% of respondents plan on conducting layoffs this year, down from 16% in 2006 and 18% in 2005
- 89% of respondents indicated they currently have vacancies
- Fewer organizations are purposely leaving positions unfilled for budgetary reasons