Thursday, August 09, 2007

Spock launches

I've posted a couple times about Spock, a new people search engine. I'll be honest, I'm pretty excited about it.

I won't go into (again) why I'm excited, but suffice to say a search engine that gives us rich data about folks that we can use for recruitment and (potentially) assessment is pretty promising.

Yesterday they had their official public beta launch and you can now check it out, although it's so popular that it looks like their servers are struggling.

And no, they're not the only game in town. They compete directly with other sites like Wink and PeekYou, and indirectly with sites including LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, and Xing. Oh yeah, and WikiYou (although that's user-generated).

As I said, I'm pretty excited about it. Maybe it's just the name. And keep in mind I bought Webvan stock, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

No comments: