Thursday, February 25, 2010
Webinar on 21st Century Assessment
Went to a pretty darn good webinar yesterday put on by HCI and featuring Ken Lahti (PreVisor) and Charles Handler (Rocket-Hire). The topic was 21st century assessment.
Some of the topics covered included:
- increased functionality and usability of testing platforms
- increased sophistication of security methods
- off-the-shelf tests and "I/O psychologists in a box"
- integrating assessment with your overall talent strategy
And my two favorites:
- advanced simulations (such as those using video game technology)
- candidate data that follows them
The webinar is going to be re-broadcast several times today and tomorrow, if you have a chance check it out. You can also see a copy of the slides for free if you're an HCI member (which is free).
Free, short, and full of information--that's my kind of training.